Teriyaki chicken is bathed in a sticky flavorful teriyaki sauce and grilled to perfection!
- Prep Time2 hours
- Cook Time20 minutes
- Total Time2 hours 20 minutes
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4-5 large cloves garlic finely minced
- 3 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 green onions
- sesame seeds optional
- In a small bowl whisk together soy sauce, brown sugar, rice vinegar, water, garlic and ginger. Pour half of the mixture over chicken and let marinade for at least 2 hours preferable over night.
- Meanwhile place the remaining marinade in a small pot and place over medium heat. Add the cornstarch and mix until dissolved. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Heat a grill or cast iron pan over high heat and cook 6-7 minutes on each side to get a nice sear. Brush the teriyaki sauce on. Cook for another 3-4 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
- Let chicken rest 10 minutes. Serve with rice and top with green onions and sesame seeds