Grilled Aloha Chicken and Pineapple – Transports you to Hawaii with every bite of this tender, juicy chicken and the grilled pineapple seals the deal!! EASY, HEALTHY, ready in 10 minutes, and perfect for summer parties, barbecues, and casual weeknight dinners!!
- prep time 10 MINUTES
- cook time 10 MINUTES
- additional time 30 MINUTES
- total time 50 MINUTES
- 1 1/2 pounds thin-sliced boneless skinless chicken breasts (I had 4 breasts)
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 fresh pineapple, cleaned, cored, and sliced into about 8 one-inch wide long spears
- thinly sliced green onions, optional for garnishing
- To a large ziptop plastic bag, add all ingredients except the pineapple and green onions, seal, and smoosh around to evenly coat chicken. Place bag in fridge for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, to marinate.
- Lightly oil grill grates and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken, place chicken on grill, and dunk the pineapple spears into the bag with the marinade, and place them on the grill. Discard the bag with the marinade.
- Grill the chicken for about 5 minutes on the first side with lid closed, flip, and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes on the second side with lid closed, or until chicken is cooked through and as done as desired. The pineapple can be rotated every 2 to 3 minutes, making that all sides touch the grill grates at some point during the cooking process (ensures that you kill the bacteria associated with the raw chicken marinade).
- Optionally garnish the chicken with green onions and serve immediately. Chicken and pineapple will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Did you find post useful? Want to get back to this page later? Save THIS PIN below to your Recipes board on Pinterest !